Time: 70 mins | Yield: 15 servings
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1-1/4 cup maple sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp maple syrup
2-1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup fine maple sugar
16oz cream cheese
1/4 cup maple sugar
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp caramel
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 pound maple bacon
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Combine butter and sugar until well-mixed.
3. Add eggs, extract, and syrup until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
5. Slowly add dry to wet until well mixed.
6. Put in 9” x 13” pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-28 mins.
7. Put bowl and whisk in freezer for 15 mins.
8. Whip heavy cream until bubbly.
9. Add fine maple sugar, beat on medium until stiff peaks form.
10. In another bowl, mix maple sugar and room temperature cream cheese and caramel.
11. Fold together and spread on top of cookie layer.
12. Cup up maple bacon finely and fry.
13. When crispy, put bacon on towel.
14. Remove most of the fat from the pan and toast chopped pecans in fat.
15. In sauce pan, reduce syrup and put bacon and toasted pecans in syrup until reduced to half.
16. When cool, drizzle on top.
Penney Giffin-Kimball, New Haven