BEST OF CLASS
2-1/2 cups AP flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup Amber/Rich Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
For Maple Glaze:
1/4 cup Amber/Rich Maple Syrup
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 to 1-1/2 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- Preheat oven to 350° and butter and flour a baking pan.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, maple syrup and sugar until light and fluffy…add eggs one at a time and mix in vanilla
- On low speed, alternate adding flour mixture and sour cream—starting and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly to edge of pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 mins until browned and toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 mins in pan and then move to a rack to cool completely.
- Make Maple Glaze: Melt butter, add maple syrup, add sugar until desired consistency—pour over cooled maple cake.